1x1 Health Coaching sessions are the best way to jump start your path to Wellness.
There are many options out there when it comes to choosing a dedicated professional as a health coach to help you ‘get healthy’. Physical Therapists have extensive training in anatomy, physiology, exercise prescription, manual therapy, and medical conditions. This knowledge puts us on the forefront of Preventative Medicine & Wellness.
Physical Therapy can be holistic if you find the right practitioner. How do we fill in the Western Medical Model gaps? This is where Medical Yoga Therapy comes in to play. It fills in these gaps left open by traditional western medicine.
How exactly do Physical Therapy and Yoga fit together?
Physical Therapists look for and treat dysfunctions in the musculoskeletal system, while Yoga is an ancient practice consisting of breath, movement, and meditation. The combination of these two complementary sciences creates a powerful synergy allowing the practitioner to take an integrative and holistic approach.
Physical Therapy + Yoga Therapy
What results can I expect from health coaching?
Physical Therapy is a very research backed science with lots of studies supporting it’s use. Yoga is also supported by research, but is an ancient science with many of it’s uses having little research yet. Within the past 10 years research has really taken off regarding yoga and its benefits. Here are just a few things your can expect to get out of 1x1 Health Coaching:
- Increased Strength- We will work to strengthen muscles that you may not even know are weak with traditional exercises and yoga postures in order to decrease pain, increase balance, improve posture, and reduce risk of injuries.
- Increased Flexibility- Many mainstream stretches are actually performed incorrectly and can lead to further pain and injury down the road. Also, some muscles require very specific stretching techniques that are non common knowledge. You will learn when muscles to stretch and how to correctly stretch them safely.
- Decreased Stress Levels- Everyone has stress in their lives, but what matters is how you react to it. I will teach you stress management and relaxation techniques that are specific to your needs and lifestyle.
- Breathing Techniques- How you breathe can affect your body in many different ways including your digestion, anxiety levels, alertness & fatigue, and can even contribute to back pain. You will learn how to effectively use your diaphragm and use your breathing to have a positive affect on your body.
- Nutrition- What you put in to your body is extremely important! We will take a look at your normal diet and see where some positive changes could occur. ** I do not believe in dieting, strict dietary guidelines or restrictions (unless medically necessary), etc. I believe in and teach the importance of whole foods to nourish your body. (chocolate is definitely in my vocabulary!)
Together all of these changes will help to improve you energy levels, aches & pains, digestion, mood, and your overall health & well-being!
Are you looking for someone to help you meet your wellness goals? If you want someone who will see you as a ‘whole’, work with you 1x1, and who has extensive health, wellness, & alternative medicine training then you’ve found the right person to be your online wellness guide!
If you are looking for a quick fix or magic bullet then this is not the right place for you.
Together we will develop a personalized plan to help you achieve your goals. Working hand in hand (virtually) we will address your physical goals, stress levels, sleep patterns, nutrition, work life balance, and much more. By giving you the tools to improve your own health we will not only elevate your quality of life, but also cut down on your medical expenses. We will meet once a week online (twice if needed) via skype. The initial session is about an hour and a half, with each following session being an hour. Schedule your first appointment below!