Mushrooms have a wide range of health benefits including decreasing your risk of cancer and heart disease.
The “fungus among us” can supply antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help boost our immune system and encourage a long and healthy life!
This portobello mushroom recipe is one I found online and changed a bit. You can find the original portobello mushroom recipe here.
- 2-4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion or 1-2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed using a garlic press
- 3-5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Marinate the mushrooms in this mixture for at least 20 minutes, but the longer you can let them soak the better the flavor!
After marinating, transfer all the mixture into a covered medium skillet and turn on med/high heat. Simmer mushrooms for 6-8 minutes or until desired tenderness is obtained.
Serve and Enjoy!
I like to serve these either as a main dish, or pair them with steak or chicken.